Friday, July 8, 2011

Friends

 I have never had an abundance of friends since my teens. Usually one or perhaps two.
In my later years it was the same.
I have moved so many times that some of my dearest friends were family and divorce separated us and she later died of cancer.Others remained though we were not in contact often.
 In my years in Ga. one friend who was so dear and kind moved farther into the mountains and we moved to NW Ga. and occasionally talked on the phone. We even went to visit them a few times but the last two times we went no one was home and later when I sent her a birthday card it was returned. Her health was not good so I worried for a few years about her. She had 3 children about the age of my three little ones.( all are grown or teens now) She still holds a special place in my heart.
 Later We found a Church and I became friends with a lady around my age and she moved away. ( Ouch) Then two other ladies both younger were/are dear friends and both moved away, one to Ohio and the other W Va.
  I began to feel like it wasn't meant for me to have friends and still wonder because some of the ones that had remained here in Illinois that I had considered to be my friends don't seem to feel the same
 I do have a dearest Friend that I met 26 years ago and He has stuck with me all these years. I am so thankful for Jesus.

2 comments:

jaci said...

{{{HUGS}}} It is hard when we see our childhood friends slip away. I personally think it is better to have a few close friends than a lot of casual ones. love you -

Amanda said...

It's hard when friends are only part of our life for a season. I've had friends move in then move out of my life. The one non-family person I've made an effort to stay in touch with for 20 years lives 6 hours away. Of course, I have my online friends, but sometimes, it is nice to be able to go out to lunch or something and just hang out and talk. Sending hugs and love to you. You're not without friends, but I do know that you mean.