Thursday, June 2, 2011

Grief

    This may not be a good way to start my blog but the anniversary of the death of my son Terry is coming up this month and grief hangs over my shoulder. I'm not sure that a day ever passes that he is not on my mind but days like Jan 24th which would have been his 43 birthday are hard as well as family dinners because even though I'm glad to be with my other children and grand children I miss Terry.
   My daughter called today and she is feeling the nearness of the first anniversary and we cried together.
   Cancer is a terrible task master and we watched him slowly waste away.As parents you don't expect to have to bury your children and my heart goes out to all who have did this or will have to in the future.
   Experiencing this made me promise myself that I would treat my neighbors and friends better than we were treated during his illness and funeral. So far I can say I think I have and I want to continue to do this.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Jeanette...it's already been a year. Wow!
I'm sure that you do treat people better, you are one of the kindest people I know :)

Elisa said...

I was just going to say what Stephanie said. You are one of the kindest, most caring, and most thoughtful people that I know. Hugs to you.