Friday, August 5, 2011

aging is rough

    I am finding that growing older is not a picnic. I haven't felt well the past few days and not accomplished much. Not that I ever accomplish much as there are many things I want to do but my body says I can't.
   One of the hard parts is having to ask for help in doing things  I'm used to doing myself.Our children help a lot and never complain to us yet it bothers us that they work all week and spend their days off mowing our yard when we know they have work of their own to do.
   One son has spend two days this week helping on our car. We appreciate it so very much but it is really hard to ask for the help.
    With all the rough parts of growing older I still prefer it to the alternative.
     If your parents are still alive call them or go visit and give them a hug and let them know you appreciate them.
   

1 comment:

Apple from CCU said...

As my mom gets older, I ask her to do small tasks for me to make her feel not so much like she's asking me to do much. If that makes sense.

But I agree, even on the young aging is rough. I'm still in my 20s and I find that my body is already refusing to do things that it used to! :)